Abatec are delighted to be working alongside one of the Thames Valley’s most prestigious housing developers who have a rare opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to join the team in the Birmingham office. This is an exciting opportunity to be working on a number of landmark developments around the region including a £100m development consisting of a mixture of three- and four-bedroom luxury houses.
As a Senior Technical Manager you will;
- Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings.
- Liaise with other departments and project teams within the company with respect to design requirements.
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
- Ensure that chargeable work is identified and evaluated including the preparation of adequate records of time spent.
- Ensure that feedback on design work is collated and saved in accordance with procedure.
- Prepare conceptual designs from with a view to the preparation of safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with current legislation.
- Prepare detailed designs in accordance with current standards and codes including calculations, design risk assessments and sufficiently detailed sketches for the preparation of working drawings.
- Summarise quantities relating to design tasks for pricing purposes.
Our client is looking for someone with;
- A good technical understanding and knowledge of house building.
- A strong administration and document management background.
- Project management abilities with knowledge of Microsoft project systems.
- Relevant industry qualification.
- £55,000 – £65,000
- Company car or Car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young. The reference for this vacancy is 128766. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.