Abatec are working with one of the UKs leading, marine bias, civil engineering companies to recruit an Engineer/Surveyor to join the team on a freelance basis. Abatec's client is looking for someone with the ability to oversee the lifting of large diameter, pre fabricated, steel structures onto a barge ready for transportation. Engineering equipment will be used to ensure the safe loading of these structures onto the barge. Also setting out for the positioning of the jacking rig itself and the all important drilling equipment.
The successful candidate would spend the majority of time offshore on a rig which gives comfort to those on board including; all meals provided, gym, private quarters with freeview TV and general amenities. This position will be an initial 12 months but the visibility of the project is 5 years ongoing, stable work is a real potential for the successful candidate.
Abatec's client is happy to invest money into the successful candidate including any relevant courses/accreditations required such as:- UK OOA Safety, Sea Surveying and Eng1 Medical course.
If you have experience in the marine sector, are flexible with your working hours and would like to be part of an extremely interesting engineering project in the South West region then please apply now!
As Engineer/Surveyor you will:
- Supervise the lifting process from dock to barge of large, pre fab steel structures to be transported by sea
- Set out for large pile gates
- Set out piles themselves and the casing for the piles
- Set out for the positioning of the jacking rig itself and the all important drilling equipment
- Be using robotic kit, GPS and RTK as well as putting your CAD experience to good use
- Be capable of filling out the relevant paperwork including lift plans and RAMS
Abatec's client requires a Site Engineer/Surveyor with:
- Flexibility with working hours; long days often dictated by tides, sometimes working nights)
- Some experience of working within the marine sector
- Capability of using robotic kit, GPS and RTK as well as CAD software
- An "Appointed Person" ticket. This is very beneficial and may be organised by Abatec's client if not already held
- Long term contract
- Extremely interesting scheme
- Highly competitive rates of pay (£25-£30 per hour)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 127062. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.