Abatec is assisting a highly regarded groundworks subcontractor with the recruitment of a freelance Site Engineer/Manager. Our client will be responsible for the groundworks package on a new housing development near Newport in Gwent. As well as setting out foundations, drainage, kerbs, roads etc. the successful applicant will also be responsible for health & safety on site, ensuring the project is kept on programme and to budget, and liaise with the client on technical and design issues. Valid SMSTS and First Aid certificates are essential.
As a Site Engineer / Site Manager you will:
- Be responsible for all setting out on a new housing development.
- Report to a visiting Contracts Manager, giving updates on programme, budgetary and design issues etc.
- Ensure that industry health & safety legislation and standards are upheld.
- Liaise regularly with the client on any concerns at regular project meetings.
Our client requires a Site Engineer/Manager with:
- Experience of setting out on volume housing developments, using robotic total stations.
- Valid SMSTS and First Aid certificates.
- A good understating of construction health & safety protocols.
- Excellent communication skills.
- HND/HNC/Degree in Civil Engineering.
Salary and benefits include:
- £20.00 - £23.00 PAYE p/hour (inclusive of holiday accrual)
- Project duration is 2 years
- Potential of the position being offered on a permanent basis
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129711. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.