Abatec is working with one of the South West's busiest water, utilities and civil engineering contractors to recruit a permanent Site Engineer to join their team in the Somerset region. The successful candidate will be responsible for a handful of smaller schemes up to the value of £1m. This exciting opportunity offers the chance to be part of a nationally recognised framework incorporating a wide portfolio of water based schemes consisting of structures, reservoirs, pumping stations and pipelines. As well as this, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide portfolio of civils schemes which may include road construction and main laying. The company in question offer an extremely competitive salary and excellent company benefits. If you are an experienced Site Engineer with exposure to the above mentioned project types please apply now!
Key Responsibilities for the Site Engineer include:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Understand the client's priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills to motivate and develop the best possible team to meet project objectives.
- Set out, programme and control operations to achieve agreed project objectives and financial targets.
- Minimise and control of day works and non recoverable costs.
Essential Criteria for the Site Engineer:
- Experience of a variety of Civil Engineering operations particularly within water / utilities as a Site Engineer.
- Experience of using Microsoft suite Office packages including Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
Desirable Criteria for the Site Engineer:
- Relevant degree.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025, the reference for this vacancy is 126900. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.