Abatec are working with a highly successful civil engineering contractor in Bristol, specialising in highways & earthworks they are looking to recruit an experienced Site Engineer to work in the Bristol area however there will be some travel required to Plymouth to work on a £45M highways project they have recently secured. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting out on various highways projects using the latest GPS equipment.
As a Site Engineer you will:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Understand the client's priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills to motivate and develop the best possible team to meet project objectives.
- Set out, programme and control operations to achieve agreed project objectives and financial targets.
- Minimise and control of day works and non-recoverable costs.
Our client requires a Site Engineer with:
- Experience of working on highways/earthworks schemes (essential)
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Construction (essential)
- The ability to read and accurately interpret drawings and technical specifications (essential)
- The ability to ensure project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications (essential)
- Experience of setting out (essential)
- Appropriate CSCS card (essential)
- Proven experience in heavy civils, reinforced concrete, pipeline and manhole construction, earthworks, groundworks in both highways and rural locations (desirable)
- Competency in the use of levels, pipe lasers, EDM, total stations and GPS units (desirable)
- The ability to competently establish accurate control on new sites (desirable)
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £38,000
- Company car/allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129575. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.