Abatec are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer, to join our client, a successful, privately owned, South Wales based construction company. This is a great time to join a company who are going through a sustained period of growth, with retail projects extending from South Wales along the M4 corridor to London and the east coast, down to Devon and Cornwall, along the South coast and north to the Greater Manchester area. Therefore, you will be required to travel, however will be provided with free accommodation, a company van, increased overtime rates and an additional £30 a day allowance. The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Site Manager and must be conversant in basic setting out and surveying techniques.
As a Site Engineer you will:
- Establish coordinates from issued construction data supplied by the design team for boundary, main build, substructures, drainage, and external works.
- Ensure health & safety are of paramount importance.
- Review site investigation report and provide any related comments/ concerns in conjunction with the site team.
- Check documentation to establish any issues related to contamination, radon or the like.
- Muck shift and pre-arrange all plants.
- Arrange site cabins and plant with team for commencement and arrange tip/cart away.
- Assess need to form new site access and engage with necessary arrangements.
- Check if existing drainage has been CCTV surveyed and obtain a copy
- Establish content and actions required for any s278 works.
- Confirm drainage connections if known—advise if unclear.
- Regularly review project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance.
- Be responsible for the setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site.
- Check drawings & quantities, ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work.
- Help with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value.
- Plan the work and efficiently organising site facilities in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project.
- Attend regular meetings with clients and consultants and keeping them informed of progress.
Our client requires a Site Engineer with:
- A minimum of HNC/HND/degree level (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum DOE
- Overtime rates applied over the standard 39 hours
- Company van
- Free accommodation when staying away
- Working away allowance (£30/per day)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129494. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.