Abatec are currently recruiting for a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager to join our client, an award-winning, regional contractor within the South West who have a secured pipeline of works for 2020/21, with additional tenders in progress. This position will be based out of their head office in Somerset, responsible for a variety of developments ranging in value from £1m-£15m within the education, health, commercial & industrial and residential sectors.
As a SHEQ Manager you will:
- Ensure the company’s health and safety policy is implemented consistently across the company, reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Monitor, evaluate and review health and safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required.
- Advise the company’s directors and contract managers on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across our sites.
- Support site managers in maintaining safe systems of work, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- Assist site managers in implementing health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting, COSHH and risk management.
Our client requires a SHEQ Manager with:
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH construction certificate.
- Extensive knowledge of effective health and safety management strategies and best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of current health and safety legislation and its application in a construction environment.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £55,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Fuel card (business & private mileage)
- Pension contribution scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129615. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.