Abatec are working on behalf of a Civil Engineering contractor in London who are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The company have been successful in securing work on the CP6 framework up to the value of £60M which has resulted in the need for growth in the team. The role requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has previous experience of supporting a small team and be responsible for sub-contractor management through to final accounts. The framework consists of repair and maintenance and capitol works and the projects run across the Wessex patch although your base will be Waterloo.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Ideally have experience of working on civil engineering, build and infrastructure scheme from design through to final accounts
- Undertake accurate measurements of works and make sure job information is correct
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from design enquiry through to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor, with:
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable
- A proven track record of working on civil engineering projects ideally within highways or rail
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various NEC forms of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering, procurement and sub-contractor management
- Salary up to £65,000
- Car allowance/car
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129663. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.