Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a South Wales based, regional contractor who specialise in developments predominantly ranging in value from £2-30m, within a variety of sectors including; residential, retail, healthcare, education and commercial. The successful candidate will initially be working on one of Bath's most significant new housing projects, with house prices starting from £500k up to £1m. The £66m JCT D&B, residential development, is currently in the second phase, which will see 50 new homes completed consisting of the popular ‘Coates’ house style which is a 4-bedroom home with Georgian proportions built over 3 floors and the brand-new ‘Finch’ style which is a home spread over 3 floors with a contemporary open-plan living area in addition to a first floor drawing room.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
- Share best practices with junior members of staff
Our client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor with:
- An HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of participating in the successful commercial delivery on a variety of projects up to £30m and able to demonstrate experience of alternative forms of procurement
- A working knowledge and understanding of the principle forms of construction contract and primary current construction legal principles and dispute resolution practices
- High computer literacy with Windows packages and industry related software
- Salary circa £50,000 - £60,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, with bank holidays on top
- Access to the contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129649. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.