Abatec are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a leading global construction company who work on new build construction projects and fit out within a variety of sectors including; Commercial, Retail, Hospitality & Leisure, Education and Public Sector. You will be joining the commercial team based in Bristol, who focus primarily on large logistic and distribution schemes, typically ranging from £10m to £100m in value. They tend to be new build but do have the odd cut and carve scheme.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Manage the commercial processes to ensure that the department maximises its financial position.
- Provide contractual and commercial support where required, during the pre-construction phase and for all ongoing projects.
- Assist in the development of appropriate reporting systems and subsequently provide regular financial reports & information to the management.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations for works carried out.
- Prepare final accounts following completion of the works.
- Measure and agree value of subcontract packages and certify payments.
- Monitor and reconcile project costs to suit the reporting timetable.
- Provide reports for and attend financial meetings.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s procedures.
- Be conversant with the standard forms of construction contract
Our client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor with:
- HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of participating in the successful commercial delivery on a variety of projects and able to demonstrate experience of alternative forms of procurement.
- Commercial experience within a variety of sectors.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- The ability to work as part of a team and be able to communicate at all levels.
- A flexible approach and able to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- A full driving licence and able to work within the operational area of the business.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129572. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.