Abatec are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, an independently owned, building contractor based out of their Southampton office, initially working on a £3m, fit out of an existing warehouse in Burgess Hill. Future developments will range in value from £1-£30m within the residential, retail, education, healthcare & commercial sectors, therefore the ideal candidate should be well rounded and be open to working on a variety of projects.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
- Share best practices with junior members of staff
Our client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor with:
- An HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of participating in the successful commercial delivery on a variety of projects and able to demonstrate experience of alternative forms of procurement
- A working knowledge and understanding of the principle forms of construction contract and primary current construction legal principles and dispute resolution practices
- High computer literacy with Windows packages and industry related software
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £60,000 per annum plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129546. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.