Abatec are working on behalf of a Civil Engineering contractor in Cheltenham who are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The company have been successful in securing a multi-million-pound highways framework covering the South West, Devon and Cornwall and they are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The role requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has previous experience of working on highway projects and someone who has been involved from design stage through to final accounts and ideally someone that has managed junior team members.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ideally have experience of working on civil engineering and infrastructure scheme from design through to final accounts
- Undertake accurate measurements of works and make sure information is correct
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from design enquiry through to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with:
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- A proven track record of working on civil engineering projects ideally within highways
- A sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various NEC forms of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- A sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering, procurement and sub-contractor management
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary up to £60,000
- Car allowance/car
- 25 days holiday
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129345. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.