Abatec are working on behalf of the UK’s number 1 contractor, and as a result of securing a number of major projects across the South West, the company are looking for Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Plymouth.
The role requires someone who has previous experience of working on highway projects and someone who has been involved from design stage through to final accounts an ideally someone who has worked for a main contractor and used to managing multiple sub-contractors.
If you are interested to learn about other commercial opportunities with the same client, on other major projects they have secured across the region, please feel free to send your details in.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Deliver a multi-million-pound highway, civil engineering and infrastructure scheme from design through to final account
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cash v cost, cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from design enquiry through to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor with:
- A proven track record of working on major civil engineering project in excess of £50M
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Previous experience in Quantity Surveying within the civils sector ideally with highways
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering, procurement and sub-contractor management
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary up to £55,000
- £4000 car allowance/car
- 25 days holiday (option to buy extra days)
- Pension (up to 7%)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The reference for this vacancy is 128887.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.