Abatec are looking to recruit a Senior Estimator for a highly acclaimed, self delivering regional main contractor with an order book providing visibility of work for the next 3 years. The successful post holder will take responsibility for tendering and pricing for all levels of projects from £100k to £5m+, whilst also obtaining material tender prices.
This role offers excellent career progression for an Estimator looking to take on the responsibility and autonomy for the estimation works for a renowned regional Civil Engineering company with an excellent reputation.
Ideally you will have a Construction / Civil Engineering relevant qualification backed up with a number of years practical / demonstrable experience as an Estimator.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities for the Senior Estimator:
- To assist and produce tenders that are accurately priced, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within the required timescales.
- Maintain good relationships with clients and professionals to promote further tender opportunities.
- Management of all stages of the tendering process from receipt of enquiry through to the return of the completed tender.
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders up to £15 million.
- Ability to take off from drawings / specifications to produce a bill of quantities / schedule of rates.
- Attend meetings with customers, subcontractors, senior management of the company and other team members.
- Visiting site as necessary as part of the tender process.
- Contributing to the maintenance of an accurate central database of rates.
- Production and handover of documents upon successful award of contracts, detailing contract particulars, gang build-ups and required work outputs
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires and quality statements.
- Key point of reference for estimates.
- Production of enquiry documents for subcontractors and materials, carrying out comparisons, analysis of quotations and completion of rates for inclusion in tenders.
Person Specification for the Senior Estimator role:
- CV’s from candidates with a diverse background whether degree / HND qualified or not will be welcomed.
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in estimating.
- Subcontracting experience preferred.
- Civil engineering, groundworks or earthworks experience advantageous.
Package for the Senior Estimator role:
- Salary up to £65k dependent on experience.
- Company pension, Healthcare, 32 days holiday
- Company Car / Allowance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025, the reference for this vacancy is 127317. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.