Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Estimator to join our client, one of the most innovative housing developers in the South West. The successful candidate will be working on a unique brownfield development in the Bristol area that will see a new community created, consisting of almost 3000 new homes as well as three schools, medical facilities, employment space and new transport links. With a track record of world class developments, our client will be producing a high-quality build spanned over a 10-year build programme, with over £100m, being spent on infrastructure alone. Phase one of this exciting project will be kicking off in November, with enabling works currently under way. The first phase will see a development of 250, high quality homes being built.
As a Senior Estimator you will:
- Formulate accurate take off and schedule of works from drawings & specifications.
- Arrange and agree PQS appointments for BQ production or check / produce own quants.
- Build up on own rates analytically based upon “labour, plant and materials”.
- Be responsible for supply chain package strategy, management, checking and financial evaluation.
- Pricing of preliminaries in conjunction with operational and planning staff.
- Provide/present all financial information for regional and group adjudications.
- Provide final cost summaries and submitted CSA to the Bid Lead in a timely manner prior to the regional and/or group approval and sign off.
Our client requires a Senior Estimator with:
- Construction / Surveying - HND/Degree or similar.
- Experience with all forms of contract including traditional, partnering and design & build.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills.
- An understanding of estimating software and current Microsoft office suite systems.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £65,000 - £75,000 per annum DOE
- Contributory pension scheme
- Additional package details to be discussed
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129351. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.