Abatec are currently recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager to head up a £120m MEP package on a £260m, new build, 10 storey concrete frame healthcare project in Birmingham. The project is due to start imminently and our client, a national tier 1 construction company, who have a £2b annual turnover, are building a team to ensure successful completion of this project in April 2022, ready for the opening of this new facility in June 2022.
As this is a sizeable project, they are recruiting talent into the business, that will have support from current employee’s who are proficient in the internal systems and processes. The appointed person will have overall commercial responsibility for the MEP package and will therefore have a team of QS’ reporting into them. This is an exciting time to join our already successful client, who continue to grow from strength to strength, with a great reputation in the construction industry.
As a Senior Commercial Manager you will:
- Ensure a personal relentless focus on Zero Harm and, in line with UKCS’s Sustainability activities, actively lead the business to ensure the delivery of positive economic, social and environmental outcomes.
- Build and inspire talented teams.
- Control costs and effectively manage budgets.
- Ensure the team complies with all regulations and company policies & processes.
- Manage and support projects on commercial and supplier contracting aspects of projects across the business stream.
- Assess and report on commercial aspects of project performance and escalate as appropriate.
- Be accountable for work winning across the business stream;
- Effectively manage change and operational efficiency, continuously identify areas for business improvement
- Manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders;
- Foster a climate that motivates high performance across the organisation, where collaboration is nurtured, high performance is rewarded, and employees are highly engaged.
Our client requires a Senior Commercial Manager with:
- Previous experience managing MEP packages at a sizable value.
- A proven track record in successfully leading a target driven commercial team within the construction industry.
- The ability to be a strong leader to inspire and motivate across a wide spectrum of individuals.
- Exceptional negotiation, leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen and strong financial and business skills are essential for success at this level, along with political astuteness and an ability to objectively assess business performance.
Salary and benefits include:
- Competitive salary on offer, negotiable depending on experience.
- Company car or car allowance.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with the option to buy an additional 5 days.
- Pension Scheme.
- Private family healthcare.
- Bonus scheme.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129249. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.