Abatec are currently recruiting for a Regional Technical Engineering Manager on behalf of our client, one of the UK’s leading, tier 1 construction companies. This position is within their in-house, central engineering services team, based out of the Solihull office who provide design and design checking services for a full range of temporary works requirements from; excavations and working platforms to formwork, falsework & scaffolding. They currently have a team of 20 design engineers, spread out over three offices within the Midlands Region and the appointed, Regional Technical Manager will be responsible for a team of 4 engineers, whilst remaining in regular dialogue with the other offices as well as, common interface with stakeholders including; consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, solicitors and external training providers.
As a Regional Technical Engineering Manager you will:
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CDM 2015 and the companies construction business management system so that the necessary standards of safety, quality & environmental management are achieved.
- Generate suitable workflows from bid & site teams.
- Carry out regular design reviews at all stages of design development as required and following final design reviews approve drawings, schedules etc. prior to issue for construction.
- Ensure that designs and design checks are completed on time and within fee estimates.
- Ensure work is allocated on the basis of appropriate competence and maintain records of competence.
- Prepare and/or check design output and supervise the preparation and/or checking of design output by other members of the CES team or by external design organisations.
- Assist site based TWCs with development and maintenance of TW registers.
- Attend technical review meetings at start of projects
- Develop and deliver technical training courses to staff within the construction & investments division in response to requirements e.g. to prevent problems recurring or as identified in annual training plan.
- Take a proactive approach to own continuing professional development and the continuing professional development of others to maintain and advance own technical capability and that of the CES team as a whole.
- Develop & maintain a suitably robust risk management approach to the production of designs.
- Attend meetings and site visits to proactively identify and agree scope of CES services for specific tenders and projects.
Our client requires a Regional Technical Engineering Manager with:
- A civil or structural engineering degree.
- An understanding of front-end value engineering.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience of managing design teams.
- The ability to motivate others to achieve high standards.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £70,000 per annum
- Company car/car allowance
- Stakeholder/contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129178. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.