Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a regional construction contractor within their property services division in Bristol. The department specialises in planned and reactive maintenance and the refurbishment of affordable housing. The ideal candidate will have experience within kitchens and bathrooms and highrise cladding, as our client have recently secured a framework project with Bristol City Council, detailing kitchen refits and electrical rewires to occupied properties in Bristol, as well as high rise cladding and fire safety projects.
As Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Carry out the commercial management and administration of one or more projects ensuring that the financial targets of the project(s) are achieved.
- Build meaningful relationships with our clients and suppliers in conjunction with the project team and take ownership of and delivery on the commercial activities involved in affordable housing type works with now and repeat clients.
- Ensure that the project achieves the optimum cash flow position by preparing and submitting applications for payment in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure the timely valuing of variations and the preparation of final accounts.
- Ensure the accuracy of project financial reporting for inclusion within the company’s forecasts.
- Participate in the project planning and development.
- Produce project specific information and attend project and client monthly meetings.
- Complete the setting up of a new project, developing financial targets, and managing the pre-contract expenditure within the project budget.
Our client requires a Quantity Surveyor with:
- HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of housing / affordable housing, including modern construction techniques.
- Customer / account management including proven communication skills.
- A track record in a commercial environment.
- Experience with cost, income and margin planning.
- Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129637. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.