Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, to join our client a £45m turnover, regional, award-winning building contractor, who specialise in bespoke, high specification projects in both the residential and commercial sectors. This position has arisen due to the steady growth of the business and therefore, the successful candidate, will be joining a stable, commercial team, based out of their Wiltshire office.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
- Share best practices with junior members of staff
Our client requires a Quantity Surveyor with:
- A HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of participating in the successful commercial delivery on a variety of projects and able to demonstrate experience of alternative forms of procurement.
- Experience working on bespoke/high specification projects.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the principle forms of construction contract and primary current construction legal principles and dispute resolution practices.
- High computer literacy with Windows packages and industry related software.
- Competitive salary and package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Access to the contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129152. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.