Abatec are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a Tier 1 Contractor within their property services division in Devon. The department specialises in planned and reactive maintenance and the refurbishment of affordable housing.
The ideal candidate will have some experience within external wall insulation, kitchens and bathrooms and External works.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Assist in picking up additional planned works such as kitchens & bathroom refits, roofing, internal decoration and external wall insulation
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development under supervision
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development with guidance from those with more experience
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
Our client requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with:
- HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- Interest in planned maintenance and responsive repairs.
- A desire to expand knowledge and understanding of the principle forms of construction contract and primary.
- High computer literacy with Windows packages and industry related software.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000.
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Laura Fineran on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128819. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client