Abatec are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a national, family-owned building contractor. The position will be overseeing a new refurbishment framework, with projects typically ranging between £250k - £2m that will run throughout the South West and Wales, therefore some travel will be required. The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the South West, although Bristol or Cardiff would be ideal locations. They require a Quantity Surveyor who has experience with NEC forms of contract and excellent knowledge surrounding schedule of rates.
As Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved, deferring to the commercial manager where appropriate
- Provide commercial and contractual support to clients
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Ensure contractual entitlement and adherence to contractual timescales
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
Our client requires a Quantity Surveyor with:
- Experience working on NEC forms of contract
- Good knowledge surrounding schedule of rates
- Previous experience working within a construction company
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject is preferred
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results
- Salary circa £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus package
- Pension Scheme
- Company car/car allowance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127998. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.