Abatec are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for our major civils main contractor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for the management and reporting both internally and externally, to reduce cost, increase value and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner.
You will be working on a range of individual civil engineering projects and long term utilities frameworks.
Key Responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
- Responsible for the commercial management of a large project or a number of multiple projects, ensuring that all commercial processes and procedures are followed
- Ensure works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value
- Ensure costs are managed and ensuring subcontract accruals and liabilities are properly assessed to determine True Cost. Works in collaboration with the site team to maximise value and minimise cost
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the company’s policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Experience of managing teams of Senior Quantity Surveyors and multiple projects, ranging in value and type of scheme
- Suitable Commercial experience in Civil Engineering projects, including cost and value reconciliations.
- Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
- NEC3 and Utilities experience would beneficial
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127827. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.