Abatec are currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager, to join our client, a regional construction contractor, to initially run a £5m, retail unit in Abingdon. The works are to construct the shell for this retail unit on a brownfield site, where demolition of the existing buildings will be carried out by others prior to these works in phase 1. The overall shop space is 4,558 m2, and internally the building will be subdivided into 5 separate units. Construction of the building is steel framed on piled foundations. The project will also include some ancillary electrical works to the remainder of the site, such as replacement of all car park lighting, and the installation of a new substation. The site is set to start at the end of January 2020 with a current PC of December 2020.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Lead and deliver programme on time, within budget to specified quality standards and client requirements
- Ensure the effective induction, co-ordination and monitoring all team and sub-contractor activities
- Ensure the health & safety of all staff, sub-contractors, visitors and the public
- Manage and lead the programme in line with contract, health & safety procedures, design and client requirements
- Ensure quality checks for all activities
- Manage client expectations and report against customer specific measures
- Promote high performance, health & safety and quality standards across site
- Make decisions taking all commercial, operational, contractual and client needs into consideration
Our client requires a Project Manager with:
- First Aid (4 day)
- Expert knowledge of construction contract documentation and reporting
- A strong understanding of construction methods and technology, design processes and implementation of value engineering and alternative solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering complex construction projects and project teams
- Sound knowledge of the design and build process
- A proven, proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
- Confident and competent in IT software and hardware
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
- Company vehicle or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum (this increases by one day for every two years worked, up to a maximum of an additional five days. You also have the ability to buy/sell up to five days per annum)
- Private medical healthcare (AXA PPP)
- Pension (5% matched)
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129607. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.