Our client, a successful global manufacturing company based in Chippenham are seeking an experienced Production Supervisor within a busy department.
As a Production Supervisor you will:
- Take full ownership of completing manufacturing output on time and to budget
- Provide accurate output forecasts and early visibility of potential risk of delays to the production plan
- Motivate and lead a team of multi-skilled production and stores technicians to deliver all targets
- Promote a culture of safety, equality, inclusion and diversity on the shop floor
- Utilise lean manufacturing techniques to ensure that the production plan delivers to customers’ requirement on budget and in time
- Take full ownership of managing resources in line with customer demand, increasing or reducing to deal with any peaks and/or troughs in customer demand. This includes utilising third party workers sourced through approved suppliers
- Manage labour recoveries and efficiencies in line with targets
- Chair weekly cross functional meetings that include sales planning, material control and supply chain to support sales target
- Identify and implement corrective actions to address all workmanship issues that arise
- Drive the production team in achieving compliance with stock reduction and on time delivery targets
- Active participation in all NPI projects to ensure optimum production flow is in place prior to product being released into full production
Our client requires a Production Supervisor with:
- Proven track record of supervising a multi skilled workforce
- Ability to directly supervise a minimum of 40 workers
- Experience in electronics, mechanical, electrical industries
- Experience of supervising in a unionised environment
- Experience of high mix low volume manufacturing
Salary and benefits include:
- £18 - £25 per hour
- Long-term position
- 37 hours per week
- Very attractive overtime rates
- Kitchen facilities (include complimentary drinks and microwave)
- Free on-site parking
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Harry Hornigold on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129753. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.