Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Planner, to join our client an international construction company, based out of their office in South Wales. Our client works on new build and refurbishment projects in the education, healthcare, industrial, pharmaceutical, accommodation, leisure and retail sectors. Therefore a varied, general construction background would be advantageous. The appointed candidate will be expected to provide planning and programming input into projects, within the region at prequalification, tender and contract stage through the development of accurate methodologies and sequences. You will also be required to develop meaningful phase plans, stage drawings and written methodologies to meet the projects contractual requirements. This role will suit an existing planner or a site/project manager, transitioning into planning. There is also scope for this position to grow into more of a senior role within the business, with additional responsibilities.
As a Planner you will:
- Prepare preconstruction/tender programmes, method statements, phasing drawings and other supporting information in support of tenders.
- Provide planning and programming input into prequalification’s and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology.
- Liaise with bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary to develop accurate programmes.
- Prepare presentation material using PowerPoint, Sketch-Up, Paint or similar and presenting the construction proposals at interview.
- Develop 4D planning opportunities.
- Provide support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary.
- Support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of business continuity planning.
Our client requires a Planner with:
- Qualification at HND/Degree level
- A membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged (desirable)
- CSCS card – appropriate level
- A keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering, general construction and refurbishment techniques and methodology
- A good working knowledge of NEC and JCT compliant programmes
- Knowledge of Asta PowerProject
- An understanding of temporary works processes and TG20 scaffolding procedures and the ability to prepare scaffold schedules
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Career progression
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129752. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.