Abatec are currently recruiting for a Monitoring Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a well-established, privately owned, national construction consultancy, who work within both the public and private sectors. This position will be based out of the Bristol office, who are a successful provider of property and construction advice in the South West and South Wales region, where the company has had a presence for over 20 years. As a business, they provide a comprehensive range of services across its teams, including commercial building surveying (technical due diligence, dilapidations, planned preventative maintenance), neighbourly matters (rights to light and party wall matters) and project consultancy (development monitoring, contract administration and project management services) for new build and refurbishment projects.
As a Monitoring Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare initial feasibility estimate for appraisal purposes, including visiting site
• Prepare further NRM cost plans as necessary during the design process
• Investigate and collate pre-tender market feedback
• Advise as to appropriate tendering, contractual and insurance arrangements
• Assist in the selection and the vetting of contractors and specialist sub-contractors and suppliers to be invited to submit tenders.
• Prepare tender documents and issue tender enquiries, and deal with tender queries
• Support contractual requirements for the client liaising with legal team
• Receive and analyse tenders and report upon tenders received.
• Prepare contract documents for execution and arrange their execution
• Liaise with project managers on future variations, requests and instructions
• Report to the client monthly as to the actual and projected final cost of the development
• Issue monthly interim valuations and contractor’s VAT invoice under the building contract (certificate by CA)
• Produce cost estimates for proposed variations
• Prepare and negotiate the settlement of the final account under the building contract
• Support the agreement of loss and expense claims with contractor
Our client requires a Monitoring Quantity Surveyor with:
- The ability to provide excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Excellent presentation, negotiation skills, organisation and time management skills
• Proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in cost estimating
• The ability to work both independently and within a team structure
• A collaborative approach to work, willing to share knowledge, experience, ideas and expertise for the betterment of group and self
• The relevant degree of practical experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the commercial property market
• MRICS qualification or working towards obtaining MRICS chartered status, and possess good technical and market knowledge
• A good working knowledge of the JCT suite of contracts and of the NRM regarding cost planning
Salary and benefits include:
- Competitive package
- Life assurance
• Private medical health care insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129353. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.