Due to our clients continued success Abatec are now recruiting for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join one of the south west’s top 5 main contractors. Supporting the Commercial Manager and overseeing the commercial function of key multimillion projects across Bristol and South Wales regions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects with unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As Managing Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
Our client requires a Managing Quantity Surveyor with:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build; as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have experience of managing a team.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
£65,000 – £70,000
- Company Car/Car allowance
- Bonus - 10%
- Contributory Pension
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Laura Fineran on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127989. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.