Abatec are working with a national tier one contractor who is actively seeking a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work on a major civils project in the Bristol area on a permanent basis.
This unique opportunity offers up a chance to work for a national company who has a clear vision for success. The role will encompass the full life cycle of this major project – circa £30m in value – with ongoing work in the region based around a number of successful frameworks covering several multi million pound projects per annum.
We are looking for candidates with experience of large civils projects ideally encompassing highways works, deep drainage, culverts and RC structures who will actively lead this initiative and be responsible all commercial activity as well as management of the commercial team.
Key Responsibilities for the Managing Quantity Surveyor :
Commercial & Contractual
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
- Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
- Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
- Understanding and advising on the terms and conditions of the main contract and also the subcontract, which may also include negotiation with the subcontractor for the agreement thereof.
Preparation of financial reports including:
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
- Margin Analysis reports
- Commercial Analysis (final margin) forecasts and Cost to Complete forecasts
- Cash Flow forecasts
- Turnover forecasts
Experience and Qualifications for the Managing Quantity Surveyor :
- HNC, HND or Degree educated in Quantity Surveying (or related discipline).
- A contracting background within Civil Engineering – you must have prior experience on Highway England/region highway programmes
- A working knowledge of method of measurement for highways work is required together with experience of the NEC form of contract.
- Experience of Design and Build contracts.
- Ability to work on a National Level and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Benefits for the Managing Quantity Surveyor :
- Competitive basic salary up to £65k depending on experience
- Company pension
- Company car / car allowance
- Company bonus scheme up to 7.5% of salary
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127924. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar postitions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.