Abatec have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical/General Maintenance Engineer to work for a prestigious company based in Bristol. You will be required to carry out required electrical installations/repairs on site. You will also support the Facilities Team in maintaining a clean, safe and compliant site for operational purposes, and to assist in ensuring the site meets requirements such as EMS, Health and Safety, Electrical legislation etc.
As Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Carry out required servicing and repair of production plant, machinery and bespoke equipment, on occasions out of normal hours due to production / work requirements / constraints.
- Carry out facility / site maintenance tasks as required, on occasions out of normal hours due to production / work requirements / constraints.
- Take ownership of PAT testing all applicable electrical equipment in line with the planned schedule.
- Work with external parties/contractors when they visit site to perform maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements and standards are adhered to in the fulfilment of their duties.
- Oversee 3 yearly fixed wire test and inspection carried out by outside contractors.
- Occasionally required to go off site in works vehicle for parts collections.
- To be trained on all company/maintenance access equipment such as fork trucks, ladders etc
- Be able to take general responsibilities of a three-man team when team leader is not on site.
Our client requires a Maintenance Engineer with:
- 17th Edition qualified (Electrical Installations BS7671: 2008 (Amendment 3 2015).
- Clean Drivers Licence
- Forklift licence would be an advantage
- The ability to lift loads within H&S guidelines is an essential part of the requirement.
- 26 days annual leave
- Pension scheme 3.2% personal contribution and 5% company contribution
- Simply health - cash back plan
- On site car parking
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Jack Lee on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128007. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.