Abatec are looking for a Junior Planner/Land Manager for an award winning housing developer in the Birmingham area. Due to my client’s impressive growth, they are looking for a Junior Planner/Land Manager to join the newly founded planning team in their brand new offices in Birmingham
This is a role where you will be part of laying the foundations of a successful new division, and were you can grow into the role. This is a position suitable for someone with strong knowledge of planning laws, and we anticipate that you will have at least a couple of years' experience in a similar position, either with a main house builder or contractor, or within the public sector.
As a Junior Planner/Land Manager you will:
- Keep appraised changes to national planning policy and guidance and disseminating knowledge to the Development Team.
- Identify and advising the Development Team of potential development sites that may become available through the prevailing/emerging planning policy.
- Carry out site Appraisals having regard to local and national planning policies, planning history and technical and physical constraints.
- Assist in the preparation of Planning Reports on land to be acquired by the division, identifying any planning/commercial risk.
- Assist in the formulation of planning strategies in order to obtain planning consent in a timely manner within an appropriate deadline that allows the division to deliver sales completions in accordance with forecasts and which maximises commercial returns for the company.
- To assist with the preparation of Planning Submissions and their eventual Approval.
As a Junior Planner/Land Manger you will have:
- Experience as a Planner, either within a main house builder or with a construction company, alternatively in the public sector.
- Experience of the full planning permission, appeal, negotiation and approval process.
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm for delivering planning permission for outstanding quality homes.
- Strong team player with a focus on driving both team and site performance.
- HNC qualified as minimum.
- Must be RTPI qualified (or working towards)
£40,000 – £45,000
- Company car or car allowance – (£5k)
- Private pension up to 7.5%
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 25 days' annual leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Retail discounts
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127786. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.