Abatec are working with a tier one contractor who is actively seeking a freelance Planner to work on a major highways project in the Worcester. This position will be site based.
This unique opportunity offers a chance to work for a dynamic company who has a clear vision for success. The role will encompass the full life cycle of this major scheme, as well as potential for additional works on a local framework contract.
We are looking for candidates with experience of the above mentioned work types, and individuals who have practical knowledge of Primavera (P6) planning software.
Responsibilities for the planner include:
- The programme preparation and management for the construction project.
- Understanding of all forms of construction and applicable forms of contract.
- Liaising with the project management teams on all planning matters.
- Production of tender information and programmes.
- Analyse and evaluate construction methods, techniques and logistics.
- Analyse / prepare project progress positions and forecast project completions.
- Identify project risks / opportunities and participate in the management process.
- Assist in the preparation of entitlement submissions.
- Ensure that all aspects of safety are taken into consideration when planning a project.
Our client is looking for a planner with:
- The ability to use and produce programmes with Primavera P6
- A good level of experience with Civil Engineering and Infrastructure in the UK – highways / bridges etc.
- Experience of taking a lead role and acting as the sole site-based planner
- Practical experience of working on major civils projects in the UK in excess of £20m
- Competitive rates of pay
- Up to 2 years work
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128564. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.