Abatec are currently recruiting for a Groundworks Quantity Surveyor, on behalf of our client, one of the largest, family run, private construction companies based in South Wales, during a sustained period of growth. The company are diverse in the nature of the construction projects undertaken, which include private house building, social housing/apartments, office buildings, retail/commercial and hotels. The successful candidate will be joining the in-house groundworks division and will be responsible for managing and leading the commercial elements of the department, ensuring there is an effective and efficient commercial function within the business and that all commercial processes to include surveying and estimating are implemented, so that risk is minimised and the company’s annual budget turnover and contribution projections can be met.
As a Groundworks Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Enhance, develop and maintain financial control systems that will aid the company in meeting its financial targets.
- Assist the Groundworks Manager to plan workload projections.
- Lead, manage and develop estimates and cost plans for groundworks packages for the companies contracting and housebuilding functions.
- Review documentation and develop bid strategy, exploring value engineering opportunities. Preparing and checking quotations, technical notes and qualifications.
- Ensure that each tender is fully analysed for value engineering opportunities and ensure that each opportunity considered is deliverable in terms of suitability, quality, performance and cost.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the technical/construction team to ensure that the proposed construction methodology and build programme for each tender is robust and economical.
- Ensure all sub-contract orders placed by the company represent best value for the company within the marketplace.
- Review and implement new procedures as necessary to aid the financial management within the business and ensure the company is fully compliant.
- Assist the Groundworks Manager and Finance and Operations Director with formalising the annual budget.
- Research and review industry information and innovation to increase commercial opportunity and success on the projects.
- Undertake site visits and advise engineers and foreman on cost efficiencies.
- Produce company owned plant, small tools and equipment inventory schedules, advise Groundworks Manager on when to hire, purchase or sell equipment.
- Ensure timely and accurate valuations are maintained and submitted to the Finance and Operations Director on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate turnover forecasts are maintained on all projects together with the correct levels of contributions noted and submitted to the Finance and Operations Director on a monthly basis in order to prepare management accounts.
Our client requires a Groundworks Quantity Surveyor with:
- A minimum Qualification of HNC/HND in Construction/Civil Engineering.
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in a main contractor, commercial role.
- Ideally specific experience of groundworks operations, resource planning, purchasing, plant & machinery.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects within a financial range of £4m to £12m with groundworks elements ranging between £50k to £400k.
- Salary circa £45,000 - £55,000 per annum DOE
- Company car allowance circa £5,000
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129128. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.