Abatec is pleased to be working with one of the South West and Wales' busiest, specialist civil engineering main contractors to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis. Abatec's client are most prevalent in the water sector and deal with various project types including water pipelines and sewer construction as well as major civil engineering and utility infrastructure works including potable and waste water treatment works.
There is the opportunity to be based at offices in either Bristol, Somerset or Devon dependant on the successful candidate's location.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary as well as a stable career with an established company; focused on delivering work in the South West region for a handful of reoccurring clients.
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Review/assessment and recommendation of all key sub contract packages
- Establish bulk procurement tracking sheets
- Monitor and capture all site-based costs, internal and external, including reconciliation against work activities
- Complete forecasts for completion to all work elements
- Identify, raise and evaluate client agreement of EW/CE’s
- Provide programme updates to correspond with EW/CE’s and scheme progress alongside PM/Planner
- Provide certainty of outturn cost both internally and to our client
Abatec's client is looking for someone with:
- Relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role – ideally within a civils/water environment
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office- in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- The opportunity to engage in a stable career with fantastic prospects within a well-established, regional civil engineering company
- Highly competitive salary of £51,000- £60,000 per annum, plus attractive benefits package
- The opportunity to be part of a well-structured team and a company with a low staff turnover and high staff morale
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Robert Dyer on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 128458. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.