Our client is a highly successful, and extremely busy regional contractor, who are currently searching for an experienced Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in the Bristol area. Their projects span across the Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Leisure sectors. With a huge amount of work lined up for 2017/18 they are looking to take on an experienced Estimator/Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
As a Estimator/Quantity Surveyor your role will include:
- Receiving tender documentation and preparing subcontract and supplier enquiry documents
- Preparing tender/estimates ready for adjudication with the director, including any taking-off as necessary, to create a comprehensive priced document, on time for submission in a competitive tendering process
- Liaison with client team to complete any value engineering that may be necessary to progress the project to a site start
- To assist in the procurement of labour only sub-contractors for projects
- To assist in the agreement and valuing of payments
- Preparing monthly project valuations and source certification, to assist in the raising of invoices and attend monthly project site meetings, as required
- To assist in the payment and settlement of sub-contractor’s accounts
- Occasional re-measurement and pricing of variations
- Preparation of cash-flow forecast and final account analysis, as requested by the client
- Preparation and agreement of project final accounts with the director and client representatives
As a Estimator/Quantity Surveyor you will need:
- Good understanding and knowledge of the construction industry is vital and if from a tradesmen’s background, this is most welcome
- The ability to read architectural drawings and understand the construction process with various elements of work involved
- The ability to prepare contractor’s quantities from specifications and drawings
- The ability to fit in well, work as a team member and have initiative, enthusiasm and good proactive leadership skills
- Good communication skills and positive working attitude towards clients, architects and surveyors
- Some understanding of current building regulations, although this subject will be client led
- Some cursory understanding of health and safety matters
- Good IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project and Word
- Experience working as lead QS on projects and tenders
- Quantity surveying or building /construction related qualifications, to diploma or degree level
- Practical experience of working on public sector contracts valued between £500k and £2m million, will be advantageous
- £40,000 - £45,000
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127747. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.