Abatec are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our client, a regional contractor located in the heart of Somerset on a permanent basis. The right candidate will join the commercial team in their Somerset office and manage a variety of commercial and residential new build and refurbishment projects ranging from £200k - £6m.
As an Estimator you will:
- Formulate accurate take off and schedule of works from drawings & specifications using first principles
- Collate sub-contractors quotations within the tender procedures
- Liaise with the Client's representatives at the initial tender stage
- Have an understanding of tender procedures and be able to contribute to pre-qualification information and programming
- Complete analysis of construction estimates, order book and authorised costs
- Prepare tenders and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Deliver post contract reports of work to a high standard
- Ensure there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy
Our client is looking for someone with:
- A degree or an equivalent qualification within construction
- Experience of working on projects up to £6m
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- An understanding of estimating software and current Microsoft office suite systems
43,000 - 48,000 DOA
- Company car/ Car allowance
- Life Insurance
- Pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127346. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.