Abatec are working exclusively with a Tier 1 Civil Engineering contractor in Wiltshire, they are looking for an Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis. This role primarily involves the preparation of independent cost, schedule and risk assessments on infrastructure projects across the South West up to the value of £20M. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate experience of Estimating within the Civil Engineering sector, with typical projects to include; bulk earthworks, 278 works, and new road construction.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Early budget forecasting, negotiations, pricing and tendering, design and build process, budget estimation, client relations, material procurement, driving value engineering concepts, contract negotiation and management.
As an Estimator, you will:
- Assist and produce tenders that are accurately priced, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within the required timescales.
- Review drawings and specifications and carry out detailed take offs to specific method of measurement such as SMM7.
- Manage all stages of the tendering process from receipt of enquiry through to the return of the completed tender.
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders up to £20 million.
- Be able to take off from drawings / specifications to produce a bill of quantities / schedule of rates.
- Attend meetings with customers, subcontractors, senior management of the company and other team members.
- Visit site as necessary as part of the tender process.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an accurate central database of rates.
- Produce and handover documents upon successful award of contracts, detailing contract particulars, gang build-ups and required work outputs
- Assist with the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires and quality statements.
- Be a key point of reference for estimates.
- Produce enquiry documents for subcontractors and materials, carrying out comparisons, analysis of quotations and completion of rates for inclusion in tenders.
Our client is looking for an Estimator, with:
- A degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction / Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience in estimating
- Knowledge of using Causeway estimating software
- Civil engineering, groundworks or earthworks experience advantageous
Salary & benefits:
- Up to £50,000
- Car/car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Training and progression
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129412. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.