Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator, to join our client, a regional cladding & roofing sub-contractor, who work with the majority of UK Tier 1, construction contractors. Due to their extensive client base, they carry out works on developments within a variety of sectors, including; Education, Leisure, Retail, Energy & Ministry of Defence. The company are growing from strength to strength, due to their excellent reputation for high quality, good workmanship and design, ensuring repeat business as well as, new business requests. This is an exciting time to join an established yet expanding business, where there will be a lot of opportunity for career progression within the business.
As an Estimator you will:
- Formulate accurate take off and schedule of works from drawings & specifications.
- Liaise with the client's representatives at the initial tender stage.
- Understand tender procedures and be able to contribute to pre-qualification information and programming.
- Complete analysis of construction estimates, order book and authorised costs.
- Prepare tenders and contract documents, including bill of quantities.
- Deliver post contract reports of work to a high standard.
- Ensure there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy.
Our client requires an Estimator with:
- Knowledge and technical understanding of rainscreen cladding systems - metal, HPL etc.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of roofing (standing seam, secret fix & composite) & wall cladding systems (composite, built up standing seam).
- Knowledge and technical understanding of hot melt/ felt & SPM systems.
- Preparing take offs from drawings & specifications & transferring to excel software or Eque2 estimating software that is being implemented into the Company, to produce priced bills.
- Liaising with Main Contractors & attending DTM's.
- Securing specifications & orders with Main Contractors.
- Ability to build long term relationships with clients and specifiers.
- Work un-supervised and prioritise workloads to suit return dates.
Salary and benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company car / car allowance
- Pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129259. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.