Freelance Estimator required by regional Civil Engineering contractor. Our client has successfully secured long-term work on one of the UK’s biggest Civil Engineering schemes – Hinkley Point C. In addition to works at HPC, our client is also involved in other civil engineering and surfacing projects across Devon & Somerset. The ideal candidate will have experience in estimates, valuations and tenders with a thorough knowledge of Civil Engineering.
As Estimator you will:
- Assist and produce tenders that are accurately priced, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within the required timescales.
- Attend meetings with customers, subcontractors, senior management of the company and other team members
- Provide assistance and cover to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Contribute to the maintenance of an accurate central database of rates
- Maintain good relationships with clients and professionals to promote further tender opportunities.
Our client requires an Estimator with:
- Valid CSCS Card
- Clean driving licence
- Proven and relevant experience in cost control
- Willingness to develop your skillset and industry knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- £280 /£330 per day LTD
- Ongoing contract (possibly leading to a permanent position)
- Please be aware that our client does not pay travel or accommodation costs
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128520. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.