Abatec are currently recruiting for a Document Controller, to join our client, a leading regional construction contractor, based out of their office in Southampton. The purpose of this role is to help implement 4Projects within the retail division alongside the usual duties of a Document Controller. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have experience in administering workflows in viewpoint and with the drawing mark-up tool. The successful candidate will be the Document Controller for an £18m dockside warehouse facility, at the Port of Southampton, as well as managing additional sites, as and when required.
As a Document Controller you will:
- Develop and implement processes related to document control and management, utilising incumbent systems such as Alchemy and 4P.
- Work with project teams in order to implement systems of control at pre-contract and post-contract stages.
- Manage the process of distribution of internal correspondence and documentation and ensure good relationships with external and internal clients.
- Conduct audits.
- Set up new projects on 4Projects.
- Create and maintain a filing system that supports efficient information management.
- Manage and control the drawings between project teams ensuring that the latest revisions are administered promptly.
- Liaise with subcontractors, designers and the project team.
Our client requires a Document Controller with:
- Previous experience as a document controller using 4Projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Good written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to monitor and evaluate systems and to look for improvements
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £30,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129716. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.