Abatec are currently recruiting for a Design Manager to join an award winning regional contractor on a permanent basis in Bath. The right candidate will be an important member of the design team, working from pre-construction to completion, on a variety of commercial D&B and refurbishment projects ranging from £3m - £15m.
Applications from Design Coordinators looking to take their next step will also be considered.
As a Design Manager you will:
- Design development process and liaise with other departments and project teams within the company in respect to design requirements
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained
- Co-ordinate the whole design process and work closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies
- Prepare formal progress reports on the design process
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings
Our client is looking for a Design Manager with:
- A degree in Construction or a related subject
- Previous experience in a similar position within the construction industry
- Solid D&B experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results
£50,000 - £60,000
- Company Car/ Car Allowance
- Other benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127498. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.