Abatec are currently recruiting for a Design Manager to join our client, a Tier 1 Contractor on a £40m, 645 bed, Student Accommodation development in South Wales. The successful candidate will lead the project, which is due to complete in September 2020. Our client has secured a strong pipeline of projects within the South West & Wales and the successful post holder could therefore be based in any one of their regional offices. Although previous experience on Student Accommodation would be ideal, this is not a necessity as they are looking for a Design Manager with well rounded experience within a range of sectors.
As Design Manager you will:
- Manage the design team, the design development process and liaise with other departments and project teams within the company in respect to design requirements.
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
- Co-ordinate the whole design process and work closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Prepare formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings.
Our client is looking for a Design Manager with:
- HNC/Degree or equivalent in construction related subject.
- Professional qualification (e.g. CIOB).
- Pre and Post Contract experience in Design Management with operational background – preferably at Senior Project Management level.
- Public sector experience – preferably education/student accommodation.
- Proven track record of Risk Management and Value Engineering.
- A full understanding of relevant and current construction legislation, regulation, codes of practice and guidelines.
- Salary £65,000-£70,000 per annum DOE plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128271. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.