Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join our client, a leading Tier 1 construction company, based out of Bristol. The position has arisen due to recent project wins and needing to increase the team size. Initially, the successful candidate will be responsible for an exciting £28m residential, regeneration scheme that will see the construction of over 100 residential units and 3 commercial buildings in phase one and a further 250 units in phase 2, other elements include a hotel, restaurant and cafes. You will have overall responsibility for managing the Design Consultants and the delivery of design throughout the project, therefore similar experience with a Tier 1 building contractor would be advantageous.
As Design Manager you will:
- Deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered.
- Develop and compile the design proposals for inclusion within the contractors documentation.
- Select and assess design team or if novated undertake appropriate checks.
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements.
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process.
- Manage and monitor performance of consultants to liaise with Statutory Bodies or Statutory Authorities for compliance sign off.
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets design intent and take appropriate action if not.
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to project team.
- Report to Area/Senior DM on progress and performance issues.
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
Our client requires a Design Manager with:
- Working knowledge of industry standards & technical innovations.
- The ability to influence the design, without designing.
- A good understanding of BIM and software required to manage the process.
- Substantial experience in a similar role.
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree or above.
- Relevant Chartered Membership of a Professional
- Institute or working towards gaining membership.
- A valid CSCS card.
Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum DOE plus package
Company car or car allowance
Private medical cover
Contributory pension scheme
Discretionary bonus scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128705. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.