Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join our client, a Tier 1, leading construction group, based out of their Bristol office. Our client has built a reputation for producing high quality, design & build projects, within a variety of sectors, including; commercial, mixed-use developments, education and healthcare. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the design process from enquiry though to submission of bids and thereafter the management of all design related project issues, to completion of the project.
As a Design Manager you will:
- Review package Design Risk Assessments from sub-Contractors and consultants, with the Planning Co-ordinator to ensure design responsibilities under CDM are understood.
- Review and implement document contract procedures with Project team.
- Interrogate design brief and tender information, identify and manage the design risks, identify and manage opportunities.
- Maintain regular liaison with the Building Control officer/District Surveyor and manage/coordinate submissions and approvals from sub-Contractors.
- Assist with managing the interface between the Client, design team, project construction team and specialist sub-contractor design teams.
Our client requires a Design Manager with:
- Either a HNC or Degree Level or Higher Degree (post graduate) within a relevant subject.
- Experience of working within project-based design management.
- Experience of large complex and mixed-use developments.
- Experience of managing the challenges associated with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of BIM in design and construction phases.
- Ability to interrogate construction detailing/building methodology.
- Knowledge of up to date Building Regulations and Planning requirements BREEAM/ other environmental awareness.
- Competitive annual salary plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- Access to the contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129143. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.