Abatec are working in partnership with a Civil Engineering Contractor in Oxford who are looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer with highways experience.
Based with the team in Oxford you will play an integral part in contributing towards the design and delivery of high calibre and prestigious infrastructure schemes whilst also providing advice to stakeholders.
As a Design Engineer you will be involved with:
- Designing a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes.
- Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement these schemes from 'within budget and to programme, in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Liaising with stakeholders and senior team members
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice.
- Assisting in the training and development of engineers.
As a Design Engineer you will need:
- A previous track record for delivering highways and transport design projects.
- Good Working knowledge of Design of Roads and Bridge, Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Previous experience of coaching junior engineers
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability.
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £45,000
- Company Car/Allowance
- Fuel Card
- 25 days holiday
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com. The reference for this vacancy is 129232.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Recruitment is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.