Abatec is proud to be working with one of the UK's largest civil engineering main contractors to find an experienced CAD Technician to join the team on a freelance basis. The project in question is set to last 4 years and will be based in the Reading area.
This is an £800M + major highways scheme which could, for the right candidate, provide stability for an extended period of time
As a CAD Technician you will:-
- Ensure the Task Team has the capability to produce information accordance with the Project SMP
- Support the Digital Team to educate people, implement process and use technology during construction phase
- Develop the model into an as built model with data attached to it for the future operations and maintenance
- Assist in educating the project team and supply chain members for the use and development of the project information model graphical and non graphical (3D Model)
Abatec's client is looking for someone with:
- A relevant degree or qualification
- A high proficiency in the use of Autodesk applications
- Primary software skills in model authoring relative to project requirements
- Strong technical ability with the use of Digital software applications
- Experience working on highways projects involving surfacing and bridge construction would be preferable but not essential
- The opportunity to work on a major highways project in the Reading area
- A potentially long term freelance position
- A highly competitve rate of pay (between £250 and £320 per day dependant on experience)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 128811. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.