Abatec are currently recruiting for a Design and Quality Manager to join our client, a privately-owned construction company, who specialise within social housing and property services. The successful candidate will be based out of the Exeter office and be responsible for ensuring that the product and service our client provides is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations. You will coordinate the activities required to meet these quality standards. This is a multi-disciplinary position, covering aspects including design, planning, procurement and quality control.
As a Design and Quality Manager you will:
- Develop, maintain systems and processes to support project admin and compliance.
- Ensure the project team work in accordance with their responsibilities in the project execution plan, construction phase plan, environmental management plan, quality plan and project specific work instructions to meet requirements.
- Review and update the project strategy and project objectives on a regular basis.
- Assist in ensuring the quality plan is maintained, kept up to date, and that additional controls are added to suit the project practices.
- Review subcontractors and designers’ questionnaires for quality issues.
- Manage the programme of audits to regularly monitor compliance across procurement, construction and commissioning activities throughout the duration of the contract programme.
- Ensure the requirements of the quality plan are monitored and performance against it is regularly reviewed and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that root cause analysis is being undertaken on non-conformances and defects, and that corrective and/or preventive action is identified and implemented.
- Instigate initiatives on site that will drive continual improvement.
- Manage and develop the quality process.
- Review customer requirements, making sure they are met.
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures.
- Utilise any performance data to help identify improvements.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
- Use relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- Help with the bid management and tender process as required.
- Oversee production of submission documents.
- Prepare and contribute to presentations and attend interviews etc.
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and develop feedback and reporting procedures.
- Prepare programmes and methodology statements in line with the requirements of the contract.
- Identify and capture relevant information to allow the planning and execution of the works to an achievable and competitive timescale.
Our client requires a Design and Quality Manager with:
- HNC/ Degree or equivalent in construction related subject.
- Demonstrable pre and post contract experience with an operational background – preferably at senior project management level.
- Proven track record of risk management and value engineering.
- Full understanding of relevant and current construction legislation, regulation, codes of practice and guidelines.
- Understanding of the different procurement routes and contractual arrangements.
- Ability to challenge traditional methodologies and have innovative approaches to communicating methodology and core principles of business
- Ability to extract and translate customer requirements and develop comprehensive proposals that meet every need.
- Membership of the CSCS scheme
- Preferably professionally qualified (e.g. CIOB)
- Asta Power Project Levels 1 & 2
- First Aid at Work (4 day)
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary up to £45,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129309. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.