Abatec are currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager to join our client, an independently owned, building contractor based out of their Southampton office, initially working on a £6m, new build, industrial development (greenfield site) in Bognor Regis. The ideal candidate will have an engineering bias and experience running projects up to the value of £10m, from cradle to grave. As always, health and safety is paramount.
As a Construction Project Manager, you will:
- Lead and deliver programme on time, within budget to specified quality standards and client requirements.
- Ensure the effective induction, co-ordination and monitoring all team and sub-contractor activities.
- Ensure the health & safety of all staff, sub-contractors, visitors and the public.
- Ensure quality checks for all activities.
- Manage client expectations and report against customer specific measures.
- Maximise profit and cash through effective leadership and management of change, risk and opportunity, effective procurement strategy and effective supply chain selection and management.
- Manage the project team to ensure competence and effective performance and career development.
- Ensure full compliance with planning techniques and the use of relevant software.
- Ensure all project actions and activities achieve industry leading performance and customer service.
Our client requires a Construction Project Manager with:
- SMSTS, CSCS & First Aid.
- Expert knowledge of construction contract documentation and reporting.
- A strong understanding of construction methods and technology, design processes and implementation of value engineering and alternative solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering complex construction projects and project teams.
- Sound knowledge of the design and build process.
- A proven, proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £60,000 - £65,000 per annum plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129542. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.