Abatec are currently recruiting for an Operational Manager/Project Director to join our client, a Tier 1 contractor to lead, inspire and motivate operational teams to deliver the company’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
Our client is trusted to deliver a diverse range of projects, including refurbishments & fit outs, construction projects, interior & retail schemes as well as property development and energy solutions, across a variety of sectors. The successful candidate will be based out of the Southampton office, and as a senior member of a division or business stream they will be responsible for leading and supporting the project teams to ensure the client objectives are met either in a visiting capacity or where the project is in excess of £20m by leading the project whilst resident. Our client has an upcoming £40m project and the successful candidate will initially work as the Project Director on this flagship project and after completion will be responsible for multiple projects as an Operational Manager reporting to the Operational Director of the region.
As an Operational Manager/Project Director you will:
- Work in close partnership with local supply chain partners, using local expertise and knowledge.
- Contribute to long-term customer partnerships ensuring repeat business.
- Ensure delivery on time, to budget and to agreed quality, ensuring procedures are followed / maintained and that authorisation parameters are not exceeded thus ensuring compliance with our group procedures.
- Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure projects are constructed safely.
- Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards are adhered to in line with company guidelines.
- Establish the project related objectives with the team.
- Ensure the coordination of project / projects as a whole by appropriate planning and organisation by leading the site teams ensuring the project’s success.
- Ensure the contract programme including monitoring and re-programming, should it be required, ensures timely delivery of the project.
- Ensure that the flow of information through all parties is effectively managed and delivered, ensuring the works as a whole are constructed to the latest information.
Our client requires an Operational Manager/Project Director with:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in construction related subject
- Membership of professional body (e.g. CIOB, RICS etc)
- Membership of the CSCS scheme
- 5-day SMSTS – CITB
- First Aid at Work (4 day)
- A good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials
- A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
- Understanding of contract documentation and reporting and how best to protect the company commercially
- Salary circa £70,000 - £80,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Access to the pension scheme (5% contributory, matched)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129717. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.