Abatec are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join a tier 1 civil engineering contractor in Devon. The company have successfully secured an £80M water framework and they are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to manage a team and deliver cost control.
This role will see you implement business strategy and look at ways to improve process, ensuring effective delivery and cost control throughout the framework.
Key duties for the Commercial Manager will include:
- Managing the performance and development of the commercial team and be responsible for all commercial functions
- Ensuring that all commercial processes, tools and governance for the contract are fit for purpose and operating efficiently
- Working closely with directors and clients
- Ensuring robust and manageable contracts are in place with supply chain partner
- Leading supplier negotiations for local purchase agreements
- Review and monitor costs, forecasts and budgets
- Managing the project bank account and supporting the divisional Financial Controller in their treasury function
- Leading challenge to operational teams on monthly results
- Implementation of business strategy
- Producing management reports and contractual guidance for SMT
We are looking for a Commercial Manager who has:
- Previous experience of leading a commercial team, with excellent knowledge of the NEC Suite of Contracts ideally within the water sector
- Demonstrable experience of working for a main contractor ideally in projects in excess of £50M
- A Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Quantity Surveying, or an associated construction related qualification.
- A high level of proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word is required for this role
Salary & benefits
- Salary up to £85,000
- Car/Car Allowance
- Contribution pension
- 25 days holiday + holiday
- Flexible working
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129503. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.