Abatec are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician/Draughtsman to join our client, a South West based, specialist Sub Contractor. Our client specialises in the design, manufacturing and installation of high-quality architectural metalwork features, including balconies, stairs, balustrade and structural steelwork. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have experience of Structural / Architectural Steelwork detailing using Advanced Steel or Tekla.
As a CAD Technician/Draughtsman you will:
- Read & understand drawings by Structural Engineers and Architects.
- Complete Site Surveys which may be undertaken with the Contracts Team.
- Carry out 3D CAD Modelling using Advanced Steel or Tekla of Primary or Secondary Steelwork such as portal frames, roof steelwork or mezzanines. And Architectural steelwork such as Staircases, Balconies and Balustrade.
- Produce general assembly drawings, assembly and part drawings and site drawings.
- Liaise with clients, structural engineers, architects and fabricators.
- Raise RFIs for missing information.
- Note changes in design information and raising variation of services.
Our client requires a CAD Technician/Draughtsman with:
- A minimum of 5 years Advanced Steel or Tekla experience – portfolio or examples required.
- Experienced in modern software packages.
- Experience within the fabrication industry.
- Confident carry out surveys on site.
- CSCS card – advantageous.
- Salary circa £35,000 per annum (negotiable DOE).
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128969. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.